Family Activity: Telephone Game
Verse: Matthew 5:16
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
Have your family members stand in a circle. Start the telephone game with the phrase “Jesus is the light of the world.” But tell your family members they have to whisper it as secretly and quietly as possible to the person on their right. See if the phrase makes it all the way around the circle. Then play the game again but use a normal conversation voice to pass the message from person to person. Say “It’s a lot easier to tell others about Jesus when you aren’t trying to keep him a secret!”
Read Matthew 5:14-16 and ask the following questions and discuss:
• Does everyone know about Jesus?
• Why is it our job to shine the light of Christ in this world?
• Do you sometimes want to hide the fact that you know Jesus?
• Why do you sometimes think we are embarrassed to share Jesus’ love?
• What do you think people that don’t know Jesus need to hear?
Pray: Dear God, Thank you for loving us. Please help us have strong faith (love in you) so we can tell others how much you love them.